Monday, April 14, 2008

My Fatal Flaw

Well, you know me! I'm going to try to wiki with my students. I've already set up my site, but immediately got overwhelmed with the unfamilair technology and ran to something I know I can do well. Blog. But eventually I'll get back into the wiki site, set it up, and give it to my students. Naturally, I won't know half of what a wiki is capable of until my students get hold of it. That's exactly how I learned how to use think.com: I gave it to my students and then learned solely in order to keep up with them! If I waited until I was completely comfortable to give a wiki to students, then I would never do it! No, the best thing for me to do is to hit the road running, and learn as I go. Which is why you will probably see wikis in my near future! But then again, this overwhelming compulsion to dive right into something is also why you'll probably also see me freaking out when I discover my students know more about wikis than I do! But NOT FOR LONG!!! :)

1 comment:

Roselyne Thomas said...

So have you started yet and when can I contribute to the confusion (oops, fun. . .)? Seriously, I loved the island. Your partner in crime (DP) is handling the "under construction" distractions well, I think :-/