Tuesday, June 24, 2008

inquiry 2008-09

Experimenting again . . .

My "other" blog was birthed as an attempt to use a blog as the vehicle for presenting a multigenre project for a writing course I was taking. Multigenre naturally evolved into multimedia, something I could not have accomplished by pen(cil) and paper alone. The funny thing was how long it took me to realize that my blog could not be an exact replica of the pieces I had already crafted--first in my writer's notebook and then in Word. One entry is a scan--just had to bring Contrails across the digital divide. But, over time, I have grown very comfortable with the blog, with its limitations and its possibilities.

And now . . .

I used to think best on paper, with pencil in hand. There are still moments . . . when, convert that I've become, I still revert.

But it seems practical, this next year, as I focus on what it means to be digitally literate as a reader and a writer, that I do my thinking here, in this digital world.

To that end, I will post my professional readings (both summaries and reactions) and the progress of my inquiry (at present still groping for the question) here in my virtual sandbox.

Tracking my thinking . . .

Going public . . .

Ouch!

No comments: